We are a full-service signage company with a highly dedicated team of graphic designers, signwriters and installers who are truly passionate about what they do and will meet any challenge to achieve the best results.
We have a proud history that has seen the company evolve from the traditional hand painted signs to all facets of digital printing. LJ Signs has been a family business for almost 40 years and has expanded substantially from those early days: But despite this growth, our commitment to deliver to companies and individuals a quality product and service will never be compromised.
A Ballina based company; LJ Signs prides itself on providing an exceptional standard of service whilst maintaining strong community values. We are excited by new challenges but remain committed to our culture and to the people who have helped us grow and flourish along the way.
What's the difference between sustainable signage and normal signage?
Sustainable signage, also known as eco-friendly or green signage, refers to signage solutions that are designed and produced with an emphasis on minimizing their environmental impact. The key difference between sustainable signage and normal signage lies in the materials used, production processes, and overall sustainability considerations. Here are some factors that differentiate sustainable signage from regular signage:
- Materials: Sustainable signage often utilizes eco-friendly materials, such as recycled content, renewable resources, or materials with a low environmental footprint. This includes options like recycled aluminum, reclaimed wood, or non-toxic and recyclable plastics.
- Energy Efficiency: Sustainable signage may incorporate energy-saving features, such as LED lighting or solar-powered components, to reduce energy consumption compared to traditional signage that may use more energy-intensive lighting systems.
- Manufacturing Processes: Sustainable signage aims to minimize waste and pollution during the manufacturing process. It may involve the use of environmentally friendly printing methods, water-based inks, and reduced chemical usage to reduce environmental impact.
- Lifespan and Durability: Sustainable signage often focuses on durability and longevity. By using high-quality materials and construction techniques, sustainable signage can have a longer lifespan, reducing the need for frequent replacements and minimizing waste.
- Disposal and Recyclability: Sustainable signage is designed with end-of-life considerations in mind. It is typically easier to disassemble and recycle, ensuring that materials can be reused or properly disposed of, thus reducing landfill waste.
- Environmental Impact: Sustainable signage aims to minimize its carbon footprint and overall impact on the environment. This includes considering factors like transportation emissions, waste reduction, and choosing suppliers and manufacturers with strong environmental practices.
- Certifications and Standards: Sustainable signage may adhere to specific certifications and standards, such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) or Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification, to ensure compliance with recognized environmental criteria.
By prioritizing these sustainable practices, sustainable signage seeks to minimize the ecological footprint associated with traditional signage solutions, contributing to a more environmentally conscious approach to visual communication.
You can also find us on our Google My Business listing: https://goo.gl/maps/66orLPD8YmGV9pZe6
176 Southern Cross Drive, Ballina NSW 2478, Australia